Monday, March 17, 2014

Blackened Crispy Tilapia Taco Recipe!

A while back if you guys remember, I had made Mustard Tilapia Curry (Recipe Here). I had purchased a jumbo bag of Tilapia and since my last post I haven't had the chance to play with it. I love trying out food from different ethnic backgrounds and at the same time I like being creative by giving dishes my own personal touch of flavors. I had to get rid of tilapia from my freezer and therefore I decided to make an easy Blackened Crispy Tilapia Taco. Just a FYI, you can use any fish (boneless) and replace chapati in place of tortillas. Here you go guys, this seriously is one of the most delicious recipe I have ever created and this was my first try :) Also, if you like watching instead of reading then please watch the video posted below :D

 Good Luck *-:)












Prep time: 15min(s) Cook time: 10min(s) Total time: 25min(s) Serves: 5

Things you will need:

  • Tortilla Wrap or Chapati (5, in between small to medium size)
  • Black Beans (any beans will work, 1 cup)
  • Onion (1/2 medium sized, finely chopped)
  • Cilantro (1/2 cup)
  • Salt (according to taste)
  • Oil (4 cups)
  • Ranch (2 table spoons)
  • Tialpia or any boneless fish (3-4 fillets)
  • Lime Juice (2 table spoons)
  • Fresh Lime (1, medium sized, sliced)
  • Avocado (1, skip this if it is unavailable in your area) 
  • Corn Flour (2 table spoon)
  • Serrano pepper/Green Chilies (1-2, optional, finely chopped)
  • Cumin-coriander powder (1 table spoon)
  • Red Chili Powder (1/2 table spoon)
  • Tomatoes (2 small, finely chopped)
Directions:
  1. On a large bowl add fish, cumin-coriander powder, red chili powder, lime juice, corn flour and 1-2 pinches of salt. Mix it well and marinade for 5 minutes.
  2. Once it is properly marinaded, cut it in small cube sizes and fry until dark golden brown.
  3. In the mean while, on a large bowl add black beans, tomatoes, Serrano pepper, onion, cilantro and ranch. Give everything a good mix.
  4. Now slightly pan heat flour tortillas to give it a nice fresh taste.
  5. To finish up, on tortilla add beans mixture first and then add deep fried fish. Top it with fresh avocado and sliced limes. 
  6. DONE!! Simple but tastes great :D